We currently don’t have any open positions in our dispatch team, but we are always keen to receive speculative applications from enthusiastic and motivated individuals who are interested in future opportunities in this high-paced team at The Rider Firm.
Location: Office based in Partridge Green, West Sussex
Hours: Full Time Position (38.75 hours per week / 8:30-5pm Mon-Fri)
Salary: Based on experience plus a generous company bonus
About the role
This role is primarily focussed on the administrative aspects of the dispatch process; checking customer orders, processing shipping information, printing shipping labels and other important, detail-oriented tasks. During busy periods, some flexibility is needed across the team, and some warehouse work may be required.
- Checking and processing sales orders to produce goods out notes
- Accurate and timely sorting and distribution of goods out notes to the warehouse team
- Using a shipping application to produce shipping labels and, with a high level of attention to detail, correctly match shipping labels with their good out note.
- Investigating and correcting any failed shipping labels.
- Access external courier company portals, to book shipping for orders that are outside of automated processes.
- Liaising with couriers, in a professional manner, to resolve any queries.
- Create and maintain department documents stored on SharePoint.
- Working to tight deadlines to meet agreed service levels and schedules defined by courier collections.
- Additional duties, acting as support and cover for the team, may include:
- Accurately picking, checking, and packing orders using Warewolf (WMS)
- Fitting tyres to wheels – following strict quality and health & safety guidelines
- Ensuring the warehouse is always kept safe and tidy.
- Ensure stock levels in the picking area are maintained and meet current demands.
- The correct handling and movement, and accurate storing of stock within the warehouses.
- Safe and timely unloading of stock deliveries.
Principle working relationships
- Dispatch manager, Warehouse Team and general interaction between all internal teams
- External couriers
- Customers who may collect/visit in person
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good computer skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a constantly changing working environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to adhere to time constrained deadlines is a must for success in this role.
- Any prior experience in this field will be useful.
- At The Rider Firm, we exist as a business to serve riders, so an interest or passion for cycling, in any guise, is a distinct advantage but not required.
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays (increasing by 1 day with each year of service up to a max of 10 additional days)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Branded riding kit allowance
- Staff discounts
We are open to candidates looking for either part-time or full-time work who are happy to be based at our distribution warehouse in Partridge Green, West Sussex.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in please send your CV to Careers@TheRiderFirm.CC